Wednesday 9 April 2014

2014

First Drawing for a 4-part photolitho series. In process. 2014. aprox. 24" x 36"
Two-layer woodcut in process, missing third layer. Aproximately 30" x 44"
Upon a great hiatus, I am currently re-vitalizing this website with my current projects. Deletion of anything past 2013 is in pending. As of lately, I have been integrating my art history degree and exploring Oskar Kokoschka's 'Bride of the Wind' or 'The Tempest' for my own artistic practices. Mesmerized by Kokoschka's usage of texture, dynamism in mark and expressive gusts, I am taking large-scale versions of small details of his work and re-contextualizing them through my own hand. By passing my own drawings from print medium to meduim, I am creating a constant change of the same image, almost to an unrecognizable degree. In Mid-May, my artwork on this subject matter will be hosted in SUNY Purchase's BFA Show and this blog will now serve as a documentation of my developments. Any questions or interests, please e-mail me at bettina.perez.martinez@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment